The Beat Goes On: Q1 Wellness Challenge
February 4 – March 17
We’re celebrating American Heart Health month with The Beat Goes On* at your Interactive Health Action plan. In addition to participating online, Employee Wellness has fun activities planned such as wellness walks, BP checks, and heart healthy food samples.
How to participate:
Enroll at Interactive Health Action Plan between January 28 – February 11.
- Challenge starts Monday, February 4th and ends March 17th
- Earn points each day for completing activities that promote a healthy heart including:
- 30 minutes of physical activity
- Eating fruits/veggies
- Allowing for 7 hours of sleep each night
- Practicing stress management
- Not using tobacco
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Complete this Challenge and you earn 50 Love Your Life points towards Quarterly Wellness Credits!
Drop in to one of our Beat Goes On events!
Blood Pressure Checks and Heart Healthy Food Samples
- Cannon Memorial, Lobby, 7:00-9:00 am
- Watauga Medical, Cafeteria Entrance, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Foley Center, Atrium, 7:00-9:00 am
Weekly Wellness Walks (weather permitting)
Cannon – Wednesdays, Noon – Meet in the lobby: Feb 20 – March 13
Foley – Thursdays, 2:00 pm – Meet in the Atrium: Feb 21 – March 14
Watauga – Fridays, Noon – Meet at Greenway bridge next to College of Health Sciences: Feb 22 – March 15
* Always consult a physician or other qualified health care professional before starting a diet and exercise program