Iron Chef Virtual Challenge
We know you’ve been busy in the kitchen during quarantine. Now is the time to showcase your mad skills with the ARHS Iron Chef Challenge. Do you have what it takes to be crowned Iron Chef?
How to participate and earn 50 Love Your Life points
- Pick one of our featured ingredients (or both if you are exceedingly talented at blending flavors):
- Get cooking with your featured ingredient choice: Use a favorite or new recipe or even create something unique yourself!
- Submit a summary description of your dish, your full recipe AND a photo of the finished dish.
- Deadline: August 28th
Once all entries are in, our panel of judges will be judging on:
- Visual presentation – Since we can’t taste your creations, the visual presentation is how you sell your dish’s taste to the judges.
- Healthfulness of recipe – Does this mean you can’t send us your cobbler recipe or favorite fried eggplant dish? Absolutely not. But the lighter and more healthful your dish (along with that important visual presentation), the better your score will be.
- Incorporation of featured ingredient in recipe – Did you slice up your peaches as a garnish (low to zero points) or did you use it as the centerpiece of your dish?
Recognition, Bragging Rights and Iron Chef Honors to:
- Top 3 Judges’ scores featured in ARHS cafeterias
- Crowd Favorite – Vote at the Love Your Life Facebook group. Not a member? Join today! Search for ARHS Love Your Life
- Highest (percent) department participation