What is your Health Score?
What can be measured can be changed! Through our partners at Interactive Health, you will receive a health score based on your Love Your Life enrollment results. It is comprised of several key health risk factors for heart disease, diabetes, and stroke such as blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, glucose, triglycerides, and tobacco use.
How is your Health Score Calculated?
- Blood Pressure: 1 point is added per blood pressure unit above 139/89. A credit of 5 points is earned if both systolic and diastolic blood pressure values are below 140/90.
- LDL Cholesterol: 1 point is added per LDL until about your personal LDL target*.
- Glucose: 1 point is added per glucose until above 99 mg/dl. A credit of 5 points is earned if glucose is 99 mg/dl or below.
- Triglycerides: 1 point is added per 10 triglyceride units above 149 mg/dl. A credit of 5 points is earned if triglycerides are 149 mg/dl or below.
- Tobacco Use: 40 points are added for using any tobacco product.
- Weight and Body Mass Index are not factored into your health score.
* LDL target is calculated based on your personal risk factors and can change from year to year; the more risk factors you have, the lower your target will be. Risk factors include (but are not limited to): tobacco use, diabetes, high blood pressure, age (men 45 and older, women 55 and older), body mass index, and physical activity patterns.
What is the Health Goal?
Your Health Goal is determined by the Health Score you achieve.
If your Health Score is…
-20 – 0: Your goal will be to remain in this range by the next Love Your Life Enrollment
1 – 25: Your goal will be in the – 20 – 0 range by the next LYL Enrollment
>26: Your goal will be to improve your score by 60% by the next LYL Enrollment
Unable to meet your Health Goals?
If you are unable to meet your health goals that are required for you to earn an incentive under this wellness program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same incentive through an alternative course of action (that, if you wish, will be developed with your doctor). This alternative course of action must be completed by the date communicated in your wellness program communications. Please contact Interactive Health at least 2 weeks prior to this date at (800) 840-6100 or at email@example.com to ask about a reasonable alternative standard to qualify for the incentive.
ARHS Health Plan Discounts* (employees only)
- Employee only ($66/month)
- Employee + dependents ($100/month)
* Maintain your Premium Discount next year by meeting your Health Goals. If you are unable to meet your health goals that are required for you to earn an incentive under this wellness program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same incentive through an alternative course of action (that, if you wish, will be developed with your doctor).
Our Health Coaches are ready to work with you! Sign up now! 1-800-840-6100
Telephone HealthFocus courses are confidential and free to any employee who enrolls in Love Your Life.
- Your personal health coach will guide you in making lasting lifestyle changes
- Course material is customized to meet your health goals
Choose from courses such as:
Lifestyles for Successful Weight Loss: Learn a balanced, non-diet approach to losing weight and keeping it off.
Personalized Fitness: A professional will help you design and monitor a fitness routine to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Achieving Balance: Work with a life coach to develop behavioral change techinques to reduce stress, ahieve balance, and improve your quality of life.
Managing Cholesterol Levels: Develop an individual plan to feed your heart to lower bad LDL cholesterol, raise good HDL cholesterol, and lower triglycerides.
Better Nutrition: Evaluate current eating habits, set healthy goals, discover strategies for meal planning, eating out, nutrition on the run and more!