Click to enroll now through March 31!
Employee Wellness is proud to bring you Fresh From the Farm – a work site Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Are you ready to enjoy locally grown fruit and vegetables which are delivered to your work site doorstep?
What is Fresh From the Farm?
Fresh From the Farm is an ARHS work site CSA which stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Members of a CSA join by paying a fee (determined by the farmer) in late winter. Then, in late spring, your farmer will harvest your food and deliver it every week to WMC to take home to your family. CSAs are a fantastic way to support your local farmer. With our work site delivery set-up, it is also a convenient way to supplement your weekly grocery shopping and a fun surprise to discover what will be in your box week to week. And, it may get you trying some new things that you’ve never tasted before (kohlrabi anyone?).
- Pick up your Fresh From the Farm delivery in reusable Springhouse Farm totes every Wednesday afternoon (around 3:00 pm) at the WMC lower level of the parking garage.
- Look for recipes and how-to’s in your email and Fresh From the Farm bag each week.
- Simply bring your empty tote from last week’s delivery and put it in the designated box when you pick up your next share.
There are several types of Shares to choose from. It all depends on your family size and and eating habits. New to the CSA? Consider splitting a share with a colleague!
- 20 week CSA: May 29 – October 9, 2019, Choose from Full Shares, Half Shares, and Flowers (add-on)
- 10 week CSA: June 26 – August 28 Choose from Full Shares, Half Shares, and the Staples Share
What can I expect? The Full Share typically contains about 6-7 different fruit/vegetable varieties which include some of your specialty produce.
20 Week: Starts May 29
- Payroll deduction available ($51.50/pay for 10 paychecks)
10 Week: Starts June 26
- Payroll deduction available ($52/pay for 5 paychecks)
What can I expect? The Staples Share is a large share perfect for families. It does not include your specialty crops but rather, those veggie staples you always want on hand: Lettuces, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, potatoes, beans, etc.
10 Week: Starts June 26
- Payroll deduction available ($61/pay for 5 paychecks)
What can I expect? The Half Share typically contains about 4 or 5 different fruit/vegetable varieties which include some of your specialty produce. Perfect for 2 people.
20 week: Starts May 29th
- Payroll deduction available ($36.50/pay for 10 paychecks)
10 Week: Starts June 26th
- Payroll deduction available ($37/pay for 5 paychecks)
20-Week Add-On: Fresh Flowers ($10/week)
What can I expect? Fresh flowers brighten up any room. The flower-add on is delivered weekly for 13 weeks July-September (total $130 added on to 20-week only).
What we’re offering this year:
Over 20 varieties of Heirloom Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Rainbow Chard, Kale, Winter Squash varieties (red kuri, butternut, acorn, delicata, jester, spaghetti), Spinach, Summer Squash, Onions, Potatoes, Radishes, Specialty Peppers, Peas (snow and sugar snap), HUGE variety of Lettuces, Fennel, Cucumbers, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots, Beets, Beans, Cabbage, Herbs, and seasonal fruit as it’s available (Blueberries, Apples, Pears, Strawberries, etc).
Meet Amy Fiedler from Springhouse Farm
2012 Women in Agriculture Winner 2009 Beekeeper of the Year Springhouse Farm is managed by Amy Fiedler and her mother along with a team of interns. Springhouse Farm’s CSA gives you the greatest benefit from your food by: Choosing a wide variety of natural non-GMO foods; Providing local, seasonal food harvested at its peak; Supplying you with organically grown vegetables which have not been treated with fungicides or pesticides; Harvesting and processing veggies in a manner that preserves their nutrients. In addition to providing CSAs to ARHS and the high country community, Amy and her team are proud to work directly with area chefs who use her produce in their restaurants. Find out more by visiting https://www.springhousefarm.net/